I have attempted refrigerator pickles before. They didn't turn out very good because of the choice of cucumbers I used. Their skins were too thick. I decided to try again this year. I picked up a big bag of these cute little pickling cucumbers at the farmers market in Olympia.

I put the jars and lids in a pot of boiling water to semi sterilize them.

I used two different kinds of dill, peppercorns, red pepper flakes, garlic, salt, a little sugar, water and of course vinegar

These are the jars I had originally set out. I ended up having way more cucumbers than jars, so I had to keep finding more.

The final products. I love the carrots that you get at Mexican taco shops, so I threw some of those in as well. Cross your fingers that these turned out good. I'm going to give them a couple of days in the fridge and then go for it.

No comments:
Post a Comment