
Hanging in the tree are the examples of our nature project.

It started with some toast that I got distracted and forgot about. Hmmm, what to do with these hot, burned pieces of toast. Well, after I opened the doors and aired out the kitchen, I grabbed tongs and took the still smoking toast outside. I thought some woodland creature might enjoy it but I wanted to pimp it out. I remembered a project for birds or squirrels or something that was a pine cone covered in peanut butter and seeds. You hung it in a tree and Yummmm! Tasty treat for aforementioned woodland creatures. So, we improvised.

Lulu was really into the idea. We put holes in the toast for the hook, slathered it in PB and covered it with almonds. We were fresh out of seeds and squirrels eat nuts, don't they? Probably not smokehouse almonds but it's what we had the most of. They are pretty salty and we were a little concerned about the woodland creatures' blood pressure but, hey, survival of the fittest, right?


A mostly empty PB jar is always enjoyed by Allie. We didn't get to see any takers on the treats before going to bed. Will be interesting to see what will be there in the morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment