
So, like most kids, Lux loves anything that is small, orange and cheese flavored. Like goldfish crackers or bunny crackers, for example. It got to the point that she would constantly be in the kitchen in front of the pantry pointing and yelling for them. If we gave in and handed her some, she would giggle/laugh maniacally and do a little dance. But as soon as she finished, she would be back for more, just as persistent. She was never satisfied. I started calling it her bunny crack. I didn't mind her having an occasional snack, but it was getting out of control. I decided that we needed to do an intervention and help her kick the habit. I found these whole wheat bunny crackers and decided that they could act as methadone. I would mix them up with some remaining cheese ones in a bowl. She would pick out the orange ones, completely ignoring the other ones, and hand the bowl back to me to fill up again. Then when I gave her a snacky bowl of just the whole wheat ones, she would walk away and dump them on the floor. Oh well. I guess she prefers to quit cold turkey.
No comments:
Post a Comment