Monday, April 9, 2012

Big Day for Lux





Here is the story behind Lux finally getting to sit forward facing in the car. When we got in the car to leave, the car seat seemed a bit loose. Turns out it was not connected to the car. Wonder how long that was going on? I was starting to attach it again and then decided to turn it around. Now, when Lulu was born, the guidelines were to stay backward facing for 1 year. As she got closer to a year it was changed to 15-18 months. We made it that far, but everyone was excited (Lulu and her parents) to have her forward facing so that we could communicate with her.

With Lux, the recommendations were to try and make it closer to 2 years since it is safer for their little necks in case of a head on accident. (How Greg and I made it out of childhood alive with how we rode in cars and no helmets is beyond me). We were planning to make it to 2 since Lux had Lulu to entertain her.

Anyway, Lux seemed happy to be looking forward and I liked being able to interact. On the way home from a big day out I had the windows open for some fresh air. Lux giggled in a way that made me crack up. The preceding pictures show Lux's reaction to the wind whipping her hair. Lulu, who normally hates the window open and having her hair tousled, was cracking up as well.
Yes, I was taking pictures while driving, but I basically just pointed the camera behind me and shot. That makes it OK, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment