Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Yummy Experiment



We came home from German lessons with nothing planned for dinner. It was a beautiful day and enjoyed playing outside. I started a pilaf of sprouted rice and quinoa. 
Now, I'm normally not a fan a quinoa because of what I think it looks like, but I'm okay with this combination. 
I made it with veggie broth, garlic, spices and butter. When it was 3/4 done, I added a handful of raisins and then shredded carrots and julienned spinach at the end. 
I topped it off with a combination of sautéed mushrooms and Quorn chikin pieces in a wine butter sauce. A little feta was melted on top and voilà! 
It only took about 30 minutes to prepare and Greg and I absolutely devoured it. So so so good! I was wary of the response from the little ones, but I was pleasantly surprised that they actually enjoyed it. The picture doesn't look very appealing, but trust us, it kicked butt.  

No comments:

Post a Comment